NET-A-PORTER GROUP LTD - Wanted!!! Perl Developers of all levels......

Javaad Rasool javaad.rasool at net-a-porter.com
Thu Oct 13 03:36:08 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I am delighted to announce that the NET-A-PORTER GROUP LTD are the proud
sponsors of the London Perl Workshop and as we are still growing our
Perl team significantly we have openings from junior through to senior
developer level; I've attached a sample spec below to illustrate the
technologies that we use here.  If you're interested in finding out more
about careers with us please feel free to contact me directly or ask the
team themselves; many of our developers are active in the community.

Junior/Mid/Senior/Perl Developers

What we have to offer is unique; you will be joining a truly Agile team
embedded within the business; this is an opportunity to establish a
close relationship with our product owners and users and make a real
difference in a fast-paced pure-play retail environment.

Our leading edge infrastructure allows us to deliver value to our
business every iteration, which means you will immediately be able to
contribute and make an positive impact to our business.

Our success means we are looking for the best software developers to
take our platform and product forward. In return you will be exposed to
the latest technologies, frameworks & methodologies in application
development.

NET-A-PORTER.COM launched in June 2000 and has since successfully
established itself as the world's premier luxury online fashion
retailer.   With its acclaimed editorial format, express worldwide
shipping to 170 countries, luxurious packaging and easy returns,
NET-A-PORTER offers an unparalleled shopping experience.
NET-A-PORTER.COM is the flagship brand from the NET-A-PORTER group which
comprises theOutnet.com, the most fashionable fashion outlet, and
MRPORTER.COM, the global men's style destination.

"Net-a-porter has revolutionised the way we buy designer clothes." Vogue
UK

________________________________

The Role:

*	Work closely with other team members and the Business Analysis,
Project
*	Management, QA and Technical Operations teams
*	Develop a good understanding of business requirements
*	Write technical specs
*	Ensure that work is well-planned, estimated, implemented,
tested, and documented
*	Build high quality web applications
*	Provide 3rd line support of production systems (in-hours)
*	Identify and help plan improvements to systems
*	Review other team member's work
*	Mentor junior members of the team
*	Keep up with industry trends and experiment with new tools,
technologies & development methods with a
*	view to adopting best practices that fit the business

Required Skills & Experience:

*	Able to investigate & trouble-shoot technical issues
*	Able to rapidly and effectively context-switch
*	Operating Systems: Linux & Windows
*	Server-side development in Perl
*	SQL/RDBMS
*	HTML, CSS & Javascript
*	Version control systems

Desirable Skills & Experience:

Experience of any of the following will be useful but training will be
provided to the right candidate.

*	Able to build high-quality web applications
*	Able to develop web-based web-based user interfaces (HTML, CSS)
& APIs (JSON & XML)
*	Knowledge of CPAN modules and frameworks, particularly:

	*	DBI, DBIx::Class, Catalyst, Template Toolkit and Moose

*	Experience building and testing high-availability applications
*	Understanding of:

	*	Perl & Linux conventions
	*	Perl testing frameworks
	*	Refactoring
	*	SQL (ideally Postgres / MySQL)
	*	Version Control Systems (SVN, SVK, P4, VSS, Git etc)
	*	Apache/FCGI & mod_perl

*	Exposure to:

	*	AJAX & Javascript, & JS frameworks (jQuery, YUI)
	*	Agile development methodologies
	*	Message queues (ideally ActiveMQ)

*	Some knowledge of Java would be useful

We are looking for candidates that:

*	Are passionate about software development
*	Are good communicators with good writing skills
*	Have a healthy dose of common sense and initiative
*	Have a great sense of humour and attitude

Location:

This role is based in our Head Office in London - W12.

________________________________

To Apply:

Please visit our website

NO AGENCIES PLEASE

Thanks

Javaad Rasool

Senior Technical Recruiter

NET-A-PORTER Group Limited

1 The Village Offices
Westfield London, Ariel Way
London
W12 7GF
Tel: 0203 471 4500
Fax: 0203 471 4599

http://www.net-a-porter.com/careers
<http://www.net-a-porter.com/careers>

NET-A-PORTER.COM
Irresistible fashion at your fingertips

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the information. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Net a Porter Ltd.

Net A Porter Ltd is a company registered in England & Wales Number: 3820604 Registered Office: 1 The Village Offices, Westfield, Ariel Way, London, W12 7GF