Slides Online and Web Site in git

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Mon Jan 10 11:11:51 PST 2011

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 11:52:59AM +0100, Tom Hukins wrote:
> If you would like to edit the site, please
> "git clone git://git.scrubhole.org/miltonkeynes-pm.git" and let me
> know when you've published your changes somewhere public.  If you need
> help with git, ask for help on the #miltonkeynes.pm IRC channel.

Colin and I have muddled through looking after the Web site in git for
a while now.  We're gradually getting the hang of it, but we've
decided to create a toy repository to experiment together at the next
pub meeting on the 18th.

> Finally, we still need volunteers to organise next year's technical
> meetings.  So far, we have none.  Go on, it's fun!

With this in mind, I've created a skeleton guide at
"organisation/technical_meetings.pod" in the repository.  If you have
helpful ideas to add or would like to flesh out what I've written so
far, go for it.

Finally, if you're stuck or want help with any of this, please shout.
I know lots of you are busy, but I hope nobody's avoiding involvement
because of fear or a worry of breaking things.

Happy New Year,