London Perl Workshop: Venue Change

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Thu Nov 25 04:03:49 PST 2010

Important news for those of us planning to attend LPW:

----- Forwarded message from Mark Keating <m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk> -----

Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 11:52:53 +0000
From: Mark Keating <m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk>
To: London Announce <london.pm-announce at london.pm.org>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] IMPORTANT: London Perl Workshop: Venue Change

Dear All,

I have been informed by the university that there will be a change of
venue on the 4th December, there has not been a full explanation at this
time except to say there will be no power in the Cavendish Campus. We
will therefore be moving location to:

University of Westminster
Marylebone Campus
35 Marylebone Road
London
NW1 5LS

The venue is across the road from Baker Street Tube Station and opposite
Madame Tussauds. It is a short (10 minute) walk from the previous
location. My thanks go to Sean at the University who has been invaluable
in securing us a new location and organising the rooms at the venue.

Please could you spread this information to as many people as possible
so that everyone is aware of the changes.

----

Because material for the conference must be stored at the Cavendish
Campus I will be seeking someone who can either:

a. provide a car
b. hire a small van (refunded/paid for by the organisers)
c. Organise enough taxis (paid for by the organisers)

And to drive it/help organise the move of material on the day between
the two venues. If more than one individual can help that would be amazing.

Could all sponsors sending material please send them to the original
agreed locations, the material will be moved for your usage/distribution
on the day.

Kind regards

Your-evil-overlord-organiser-with-a-sudden-headache

-Mark (mdk)

------------------------------

The conference will be held on Saturday 4th December at the University
of Westminster's Marleybone Campus. Please visit the website below for
more information and don't forget to log in/register for the conference:

Conference Website: http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2010/
Location: http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2010/location.html
Registration Log in: http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2010/main
New User Log in: http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2010/register

This year's theme is Perl Flavours. Unlike previous years the keynote
will be decided from the most appropriate 40 minute talk that best fits
this theme. The proposal deadline is 12th November and speakers will be
informed on the 15th November. See:

Submissions: http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2010/newtalk

For all information, queries, please contact m.keating(at)shadowcat.co.uk.

--
Mark Keating BA (Hons)          |  Writer, Photographer, Cat-Herder
Managing Director               |  Shadowcat Systems Limited

----- End forwarded message -----