[ANNOUNCE] Birmingham.pm Technical Meeting, Wednesday 23rd September

JJ jj at jonallen.info
Wed Sep 16 09:13:21 PDT 2009

Event:   Technical Meeting
Date:    Wednesday 23rd September 2009
Times:   from 7pm onwards (see below)
Venue:   The Victoria, 48 John Bright Street, Birmingham, B1 1BN
Details: http://birmingham.pm.org/tech/next

Intro:

This month we're lucky to have two special guest speakers - Nick
Harewood and Stuart Langridge.

They'll be taking us beyond the realms of Perl, with Stuart talking
about the latest web trends in the Python community, and Nick will be
speaking about Mictosoft Silverlight and Expression Studio. This will
be a great opportunity to find out what's happening in other
languages, and in addition I'll be talking about building web mashups
with Perl and Catalyst.

Talks:

* Silverlight and Expression Studio  [Nick Harewood]
* Python Web Trends  [Stuart Langridge]
* Web Mashups with Catalyst  [Jon Allen (JJ)]

Venue:

The Victoria, 48 John Bright Street, Birmingham, B1 1BN
- http://www.pubs247.co.uk/pubPages/pub.asp?id=24358&from=&promotion=
- http://birmingham.pm.org/images/upload/victoria.jpg
- http://www.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=the+victoria+pub&near=Birmingham&radius=0.0&cd=1&cid=52482921,-1893619,7492755984503563963&li=lmd&z=14&t=m

The venue is approximately 5-10 minutes walk from New Street station.
For those travelling by car, although there is on street parking around
the venue, you may have to use the red cage by the flyover (opposite he
Mailbox). For further directions and parking see details on the website:

http://birmingham.pm.org/cgi-bin/brum.pl?act=tech-next

Times:

These are the rough times for the evening:

* arrivals from 7pm
* food available until 9pm
* talks: 8.00-10.00pm
* pub closes: 11.00pm

Cheers,

JJ

--
Treat your home, treat someone special, treat yourself... at
http://www.pennysarcade.co.uk

Join us on Facebook: http://www.pennysarcade.co.uk/facebook
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pennysarcade