Meeting: Tue 24th February

Tom Hukins tom at
Wed Feb 25 02:39:36 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 08:10:04PM +0000, Gavin Westwood wrote:
> The monthly MKLUG/ meet-up is nearly upon us!

And it was fun!

I mentioned a few things to people that I promised links for, so here

Various people mentioned Perl::Critic (on CPAN) which also has an
online checker here:

Several of us raved about GNU screen:

And irssi, which works especially well in a screen session:

Some people still have heard of Oliver's wonderful
CatalystX::ListFramework::Builder (on CPAN, again) which has an online
demo at:

(Oliver gave a talk on this at one of our technical meetings - see our
Web site for slides).

Thanks to Colin and Peter for letting me hassle them into offering
talks for April's technical meeting:  we provisionally now have talks
about Moose, wxWidgets and memcached.

Finally, if you'd like to attend our meetings but have trouble getting
to/from the pub please ask.  Various people travel from different
places, so you might find someone going your way.

See you next time,