Meeting: Tue 24th February

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Wed Feb 25 02:39:36 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 08:10:04PM +0000, Gavin Westwood wrote:
> The monthly MKLUG/MiltonKeynes.pm meet-up is nearly upon us!

And it was fun!

I mentioned a few things to people that I promised links for, so here
goes:

Various people mentioned Perl::Critic (on CPAN) which also has an
online checker here:
http://perlcritic.com/

Several of us raved about GNU screen:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-gnu_screen/index.html?ca=dgr-lnxw06GNU-Screen&S_TACT=105AGX59&S_CMP=grsitelnxw06

And irssi, which works especially well in a screen session:
http://irssi.org/

Some people still have heard of Oliver's wonderful
CatalystX::ListFramework::Builder (on CPAN, again) which has an online
demo at:
http://dragonstaff.co.uk/oliverg/

(Oliver gave a talk on this at one of our technical meetings - see our
Web site for slides).

Thanks to Colin and Peter for letting me hassle them into offering
talks for April's technical meeting:  we provisionally now have talks
about Moose, wxWidgets and memcached.

Finally, if you'd like to attend our meetings but have trouble getting
to/from the pub please ask.  Various people travel from different
places, so you might find someone going your way.

See you next time,