Technical Meeting: Monday 8th September 2008

Edwardson, Tony Tony.Edwardson at
Thu Sep 4 03:58:37 PDT 2008

Choose between :-
A quick introduction to Perl/Tk
Creating/reading Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets natively from Perl
Managing multiple versions of the same module with "only"

-----Original Message-----
From: at
[ at]
On Behalf Of Tom Hukins
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 11:20 AM
To: Milton Keynes Perl Mongers
Subject: Re: Technical Meeting: Monday 8th September 2008

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 08:21:23PM +0100, Tom Hukins wrote:
> We'll fill the remaining time with a few lightning talks.  These talks
> last only 5 minutes, so they don't need slides or lots of preparation
> (but you can do both if you wish).  Lightning talks offer a great
> opportunity for those having minimal experience of either Perl or
> presenting to share ideas or experience.

So far we have a grand total of 0 lightning talks scheduled.  Well, I
was going to talk a little about libwww-perl and some of its new
features.  But apart from that, nothing.

Now, I know it can feel quite nerve wracking talking to a group of
people.  So here's an incentive:  everyone who mails me before midday
on Saturday offering to present a talk can choose a Perl-related topic
for which I shall prepare and present a talk on.  No matter how scary,
I'll do my best to come up with something interesting and prepare

We have time for six lightning talks, so this only needs three of you
to take me up on my offer.  Bring it on!

MiltonKeynes-pm mailing list
MiltonKeynes-pm at