Technical Meeting: Monday 8th September 2008

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Thu Sep 4 03:20:15 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 08:21:23PM +0100, Tom Hukins wrote:
> We'll fill the remaining time with a few lightning talks.  These talks
> last only 5 minutes, so they don't need slides or lots of preparation
> (but you can do both if you wish).  Lightning talks offer a great
> opportunity for those having minimal experience of either Perl or
> presenting to share ideas or experience.

So far we have a grand total of 0 lightning talks scheduled.  Well, I
was going to talk a little about libwww-perl and some of its new
features.  But apart from that, nothing.

Now, I know it can feel quite nerve wracking talking to a group of
people.  So here's an incentive:  everyone who mails me before midday
on Saturday offering to present a talk can choose a Perl-related topic
for which I shall prepare and present a talk on.  No matter how scary,
I'll do my best to come up with something interesting and prepare
slides.

We have time for six lightning talks, so this only needs three of you
to take me up on my offer.  Bring it on!