postgres -> other databases

Michael Lush mjlush at
Wed Jan 30 07:25:46 PST 2008

Some moons ago I heard of a perl project that allowed a postgres database
to treat tables in other databases as part of itself.

I have a postgres database that updates a MySQL server that runs our
public database.  It would be nice to update it with

SELECT * INTO mysql_production_table FROM postgres_table;

Alas I can't remember the projects name or any googletastic searchterms to
find it

Can anyone prop up my failing faculties (and save me from writing a two
handle SELECT -> INSERT script)

Michael John Lush PhD			Tel:44-1223 492626
HUGO Gene Nomenclature Committee	Email: hgnc at
European Bioinformatics Institute
Hinxton, Cambridge