portableapps.com

Julian Burdett jls2inmk at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 20 02:19:09 PST 2008

Hi - dunno if this is useful to anyone but on 'click' on the bbc yesterday they talked about a webpage dedicated to app's running off USB's. I haven't looked at in detail but it looks like it might be handy they've got all the useful Linux app's openoffice etc but not a complete Linux OS! They've got MAC on a stick tho - why did I mention this?! On the development tools tab there's XAMP. Have a look could be handy to both user groups hence the blanket mail...

http://portableapps.com/

XAMPP is a complete web, database and FTP server package for Windows that's ready to go in minutes and completely portable. The full XAMPP package includes:
   Apache
   MySQL
   PHP + PEAR
   MiniPerl