Module setup argument validation

Nik Clayton nik at ngo.org.uk
Thu Jul 5 15:53:28 PDT 2007

Oliver Gorwits wrote:
> I'm writing a module which is essentially a blob of glue between some
> other very useful Perl modules.
>
> What I'd like to do is validate the parameters coming in to my module,
> some of which are for my own use, and others are destined for the other
> modules (encapsulated as hashes).
>
> I'm currently looking at Params::Validate -- but my question is, are
> there any other contenders in the ring?

There seem to be quite a few.  I note on CPAN:

     Params::Check (and Params::Check::Faster (!))
     Params::Util
     Params::Validate::Micro

If I wasn't going to use Params::Validate I would probably use
Params::Util -- that's based solely on the author's reputation though.

I wrote about using Params::Validate a while back,
http://jc.ngo.org.uk/blog/2007/01/15/perl-parameter-validation-and-error-handling/
might be helpful.