Module setup argument validation

Oliver Gorwits oliver.gorwits at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 5 10:12:48 PDT 2007

Hi folks,

I'm writing a module which is essentially a blob of glue between some
other very useful Perl modules.

What I'd like to do is validate the parameters coming in to my module,
some of which are for my own use, and others are destined for the other
modules (encapsulated as hashes).

I'm currently looking at Params::Validate -- but my question is, are
there any other contenders in the ring?

Things I require are type checking (scalar, hashref, etc), setting of
defaults for missing options, and ideally, overriding of options to
enforced values.

thanks in advance,
oliver.
--
Oliver Gorwits, Network Infrastructure Group,
Oxford University Computing Services