Testing concurrent tasks / forking

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Sun Dec 23 09:57:21 PST 2007

On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 01:05:20PM +0000, abhishek jain wrote:
> So you are interested in to running several concurrent requests at a
> time, i suggest u look at POE .

I've never quite got my head round POE.  I find HTTP::Async
considerably easier to use.  But both these approaches might require
writing a fair amount of code, depending on what Robbie wants to do.

On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 03:53:45PM +0000, Oliver Gorwits wrote:
> There is the Apache Benchmark program itself, which I have heard (i.e.
> no personal experience) can give some impression of app'n performance:

Yes, I like ab for simple request patterns.  For more complicated
request patterns I like JMeter:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/