Testing concurrent tasks / forking

abhishek jain abhishek.netjain at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 05:05:20 PST 2007

On 12/23/07, Robbie Bow <robbie at robbiebow.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> For those of you not already embedded in a Christmas sherry or two, I
> have a question: I want to test a web application under the stress of
> 4-12 concurrent connections. I've used Test::WWW::Mechanize to retrieve
> and submit the form I'm interested in but, looking at CPAN I just can't
> spot anything that appears to let me run several of these routines
> concurrently.

So you are interested in to running several concurrent requests at a time, i
suggest u look at POE .
http://search.cpan.org/~rcaputo/POE-Component-Client-UserAgent-0.06/UserAgent.pm
POE::Component::Client::UserAgent

I use this for the same purpose, if you have a problem understanding the
module give a shout on the mailing list.

Oh, and have a merry Chrimbo everyone!

Thanks and same to you too.