Meeting: Tuesday 26th September 2006

Tom Hukins tom at
Wed Sep 27 02:36:17 PDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 12:17:53AM +0100, Peter Edwards wrote:
> I looked at Amazon Cloud a while ago. Interesting but I remain to be
> convinced :) I guess I had too many techie questions about exactly
> what the platform was and what I could do with it.

As I understand it, you upload a Xen virtual machine guest image (they
call this an AMI) which runs on their servers.

The have detailed technical documentation at
(Warning, PDF).

I doubt I'd want to bet a business on this yet but it looks really
interesting, particularly for organisations that can't afford lots of
servers or only need serious computational power infrequently.