Planning a Technical Meeting

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Tue Feb 14 04:53:14 PST 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 10:50:02AM +0000, Tom Hukins wrote:
> I suggest we hold technical meetings every two months on the second
> Tuesday of the month starting at 7pm.
>
> I plan to hold the first meeting on 14th March.

I thought I should send an update to confirm that we have booked this
and so far have two confirmed speakers:

Dave Cross will present the "Databases and Perl" talk he gave at the
recent London Perl Workshop:
http://mag-sol.com/talks/db/

I will present a combination of the various "Gathering information
from the Web" talks about WWW::Mechanize I gave last year:
http://london.pm.org/lpw/talks/2005/tom_hukins-www_mechanize_intro.pdf
http://people.freebsd.org/~tom/yapc-eu-2005.pdf

I'll send out a formal announcement in the next week or so.  If you'd
like to talk about something, even if only for five minutes, let me
know soon.

After the meeting, we'll decamp to a pleasant, nearby pub for informal
discussion about the talks and whatever else takes our fancy.

Finally, it's only a week and two days until our next regular monthly
meeting.  See you soon!