Wireless access in Milton Keynes

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Tue Aug 22 15:26:31 PDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 05:04:43PM +0100, Peter Edwards wrote:
> Congratulations on the house move Michael.

Yes, congratulations.  And thanks again for telling us how Perl
helped, or maybe didn't.

> Anyway, it will be good to see you at YAPC::EU. I see that MKPM are
> now up to 4 attendees
> http://www.birmingham2006.com/cgi-bin/yapc.pl?act=user-stats

Not bad for a group that's less than a year old.  Let's skip over the
fact that we're the closest group to Birmingham..

All this brings me nicely onto mentioning that although next Tuesday
is the last of the month, I won't organise a meeting as I'll be in
Birmingham (along with the other 3).  But if the rest of you want to
meet up anyway, go for it.

We'll resume our regular schedule in September.

Also, I have a technical meeting vaguely pencilled in my head,
figuratively, for early October.  This conveniently coincides with our
first birthday.

What would everyone like to hear about?  Would you like us to tell you
what we learn at YAPC?  Which attendees should we get drunk and
persuade into guest speaking?  Or would you like to tell us about
something you've done?  I already have a special list of volunteer
victims, but I won't object to more.

Those of you who haven't registered for YAPC:  Just think about all
the lovely Balti you'll miss out on.  There's still time to register.

See you all soon,