Forthcoming London Perl Events

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Tue Nov 1 10:23:56 PST 2005

I thought I should let everyone know about a couple of interesting
events taking place in London over the next month.

On Saturday 26th November, the London Perl Workshop takes place.  This
one-day event contains two tracks of talks (Learning Perl and Advanced
Perl) and costs nothing to attend thanks to its sponsors.  This year's
event takes place near Euston, so it's easy to get to from MK:
http://london.pm.org/lpw/cfp.html

If you're interested, don't forget to sign up:
http://london.pm.org/lpw/signup.html

The organisers are looking for speakers - particularly those who don't
normally speak at Perl events.

Those of us who work with the Web should attend the London Web
Frameworks Night on Thursday 17th November, which compares frameworks
in Perl (Catalyst), Django (Python) and Ruby (bloggers' darling
Rails).  It takes place at Morgan Stanley, which is a little out of
the way in Docklands, but a great venue to listen to talks.

The formal announcement for this should appear soon, but in the mean
time you can read about it here:
http://blog.unixdaemon.net/cgi-bin/blosxom.pl/events/frameworks_night_short.html
and sign up for it here:
http://london.pm.org/signup/

And of course there's the next Milton Keynes Perl Mongers meeting on
Thursday 24th November.  See the Web site for details.

See you soon,