[Milan-pm] April/2009 Monthly Meeting

marcos rebelo oleber at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 08:44:13 PDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 1:50 AM, dbrn <dbrn at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> Il giorno lun, 23/03/2009 alle 12.26 +0100, marcos rebelo ha scritto:
>> Hi all
>>
>> The monthly meeting is arriving and the 9 of April is wining. Next
>> Friday (27 of March) I will publish the final date to the Meeting.
>>
>> Actual scenario:
>> 1 April: 1
>> 2 April: 1
>> 3 April: 1
>> 6 April: 2
>> 7 April: 2
>> 8 April: 2
>> 9 April: 4
>> 10 April: 1
>>
>> Meanwhile post your preferences on:
>> http://www.doodle.com/5hdcasn3dbp4arm7
>>
>> Note: I have add 3 days more to the Doodle, so I will have to ask to
>> Gianluca and Max to present there preferences on that days to.
>>
>> I'm always open to new places, I will be pleased to have your suggestions.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Marcos Rebelo
>>

> Hi Marcos,
> I saw that you added some days to the list, I placed a preference on
> thursday the 2nd aswell.
> Talking about places...
> ....I know a nice pub, they even have tables outside in a private
> internal garden; it's in via Ortica (pretty close to Lambrate's
> station); the place's name is Giardini della Birra.
> It's kinda popular, so I guess that some of you already heard the name.
> Catch you soon,
> Andy

Hy all

Seems that no one is opposing itself to this location, so it will be chosen.

I received some very good news from another monger in the, that I will
distribute.

Max has a place for the First Tech-Meeting, near Piazza Cadorna.

So now we need at least 3 persons willing to speak for about 20 to 30 min.

I have already 3 presentations  +- prepared to do, about:
Beautify Perl with perltidy
Beautify Perl with perlcritic
Perl 5.10

We may have many other subjects like:
Perl Monger History/Work/...  <-<-<-<-<-------- Volunteers please
Perl in the Web
Perl for System Administrators
Automatic Code Generation with Perl
Perl DBI/DBD
Useful one liners
Inline::C
Perl XS
Perl Multi threading
Debugging Perl
Testing Perl
Perl internals
The Mason Framework
The Catalyst Framework
Perl 6
Genetics with Perl

It is a good politics to look in the other groups, take ideas, but
please do your slides.

Note: the speaker shall present in Italian when they can (I'll try),
even if the slides may be in English. Remember that having the slides
in English, will help you to disperse the information.

Best Regards
Marcos Rebelo

--
Marcos Rebelo