[Milan-pm] Perl Test

marcos rebelo oleber at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 10:43:14 PST 2009

This test was just doing a filtering.

The person was requested to give a 1 to 5 evaluation of her knowledge
in diverse areas, in the case of having a 4 or 5 in Perl, he was doing
a test similar to this one. Less the 50% was setting the person out of
the process, between 50% and 75% was having a fast interview with a
expert in the area, more then 75% was passing directly to the final
interview.

The last interview was having 5 persons doing questions in diverse
areas, all this was being done in 3 to 4 hours.

Some normal question where:
Describe one of the algorithms:
   Quick Sort
   Merge Sort
   Bucket sort
When shall we use Bubble Sort? (my preferred question)
How to count the repeated lines in a file?

It was the most difficult interview that I had until today, but at the
end we where having 100 developers of the best in Portugal.

Best Regards
Marcos Rebelo

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Stefano Rodighiero
<stefano.rodighiero at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Oha <oha at oha.it> wrote:
>
>> doh, 67%!
>
> 89% !
>
> (but I have my doubts on this kind of tests during interviews)
>
> S.
>
> --
> www.stefanorodighiero.net

Marcos Rebelo