[Milan-pm] Start preparing the first Tech-Meeting of the Milan Perl Mongers

marcos rebelo oleber at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 02:26:17 PST 2009

Hi all

We need to start planning the first Tech-Meeting. We have a big
problem, that I'm hopping to pass easily.

We need a room for +- 20 persons, with a projector where to connect a
personal PC of the person presenting. This Tech-Meeting shall be done
during the week in a pos-laboral time or in a Saturday afternoon. And
probably will take 2-3 hours.

Someone knows/has connections in a
Enterprise/University/School/Restaurant/... that can offer us a place
like this for free?

One other chance is to send one email to all Informatics Professors in
the Milan Universities, and hop that some of them are going to help
us. The question in here is:
Which are the Universities in Milan having Informatics related courses?
At least once a year we should try to do a Tech in the University environment.

We also need persons willing to do presentations. For me this
presentations shall take no longer than 30 minutes, and we shall have
3 to 4 presentations every Tech-Meeting. I would like to have 1 of the
presentations not connect to Perl directly, subjects around Linux, Web
3.0, other programming languages, Research Projects, ... are welcome.

I have already presentations about:
Beautify Perl: perltidy and perlcrit
Perl 5.10 (actually doing it)

We can have many other subjects like:
Perl in the Web
Perl for System Administrators
Automatic Code Generation with Perl
Perl DBI/DBD
Useful one liners
Inline::C
Perl XS
Perl Multi threading
Debugging Perl
Testing Perl
Perl internals
The Mason Framework
The Catalyst Framework
Perl 6
Introduction to Perl in 30 minutes (very important if we go to a University)

Lets try to this work.

Best Regards
Marcos Rebelo

--