[Memphis.pm] Re: [Golum-nontech] lwp::simple on OSX

Brock Sides philarete at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 14 18:20:52 CST 2001

* Jim Greer <jgreer at midsouth.rr.com> [011114 17:56]:

> So it's off topic... shoot me.
>
> A friend is attempting to get the LWP::Simple module installed under
> OSX.  Have any of you tried this and been successful?
>
> Jim G

If I'm not mistaken, LWP is 100% pure Perl, so there shouldn't be any
platform-relative issues installing it. What's kind of problem is he
having? I'll assume he's installing via "perl -MCPAN -e shell" and
"install Bundle::LWP": that's the easiest way to get all the
dependencies right for packages like libnet and LWP.

If the version of perl is < 5.6.1, he should do an "install CPAN" and
"reload cpan" before installing any of the bundles, otherwise it'll try
to upgrade perl itself to 5.6.1.

Assuming he's following the above instructions, what kind of problems is
he having?

--
Brock Sides
philarete at mindspring.com

One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the shadows lie.
with 'unsubscribe memphis-pm-list' in the body of the message.