[Memphis.pm] redirecting a localhost web server through cgi

Big Ed dysan_2000 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 26 08:25:29 CDT 2001

You have a firewall in front of your webserver and you need to be able to
see the webserver through the firewall?  If that's the case, no perl scripts
are going to help you.  You need to set up a Port Forward from your firewall
to your webserver.  What kind of firewall is it?

Ed

>From: "Alaric Ravenhall" <alaricravenhall at hotmail.com>
>To: memphis-pm-list at pm.org
>Subject: [Memphis.pm] redirecting a localhost web server through cgi
>Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 22:32:54 -0500
>
>I have an interesting need:
>Because of a firewall situation, I need to develop a cgi perl script that
>will allow me to access it via a web browser and have the perl send the
>requests via localhost to a local web server.
>
>BROWSER ---> PERL MAGIC CGI ----> WEBSERVER
>BROWSER <--- PERL MAGIC CGI <---- WEBSERVER
>
>This will allow the webserver to return data on whatever port you queried
>from (i.e. port 80) inside your firewall. It sucks haveing a webserver on a
>non-standard port, but oh, well.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Nathan Waddell

with 'unsubscribe memphis-pm-list' in the body of the message.