[Memphis.pm] Re: [GOLUM] How do I...?

Brock Sides philarete at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 18 20:48:09 CDT 2001

* J-L Boers <jl at boers.cc> [010618 20:43]:

> I'll try that again when I get the chance.
>
> What's a good "perl for dummies" type book to get? I may want to play around
> a little more in depth with it. I think a step-by-step approach teaching the
> command structure (or whatever you call it) would be a good way to start.
> Any suggestions?

Start with the Llama book, "Learning Perl". Then get the Perl Cookbook,
also published by O'Reilly. The Camel book is a nice reference book, but
almost all of its content is in "perldoc". (The perl documentation that
comes with perl.)

--
Brock Sides
philarete at mindspring.com

One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the shadows lie.
with 'unsubscribe memphis-pm-list' in the body of the message.