[Memphis.pm] meetings?

Phil Groce phil_groce at cmcsmart.com
Tue Apr 18 09:20:39 CDT 2000

At 08:30 PM 4/18/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I would like to see a beginners tutorial, I am a total beginner to PERL,
>but I really want to learn it, and have found many of the books I have
>tried to be innadequate.

Maybe it would be good to have two presentations per meeting, like GOLUM,
but one that's geared toward beginners or of general interest, and one
that's more advanced.

To address Jim's question, I think we should try having the meeting in
close association with the GOLUM meeting, probably right before (though it
might be interesting to hold at the Flying Saucer, too :). I could see
where that might be a logistics problem, but we could try it and decide if
it's cool. If not -- well, at least we're meeting, and we can decide where
to go from there.

If we really wanted to get on the ball, I could probably have a half hour
or so of "getting started with Perl / why Perl is cool" ready for Thursday
night, to do before the GOLUM meeting. Would that be desirable? Jim, would
that be doable?

>-Michael Dawoud

phil

with 'unsubscribe memphis-pm-list' in the body of the message.