[Memphis.pm] meetings?

Phil Groce phil_groce at cmcsmart.com
Mon Apr 17 14:04:42 CDT 2000

Is there enough interest at this point for Perl Mongers meetings? So far, I
think we're a subset of GOLUM, but I can see some topics of Perl interest
that wouldn't fully intersect.

Some topics we could address:
1. Intermediate/advanced OO in Perl -- Brock's talk a couple months ago at
GOLUM was pretty cool. There are one or two other things that could
probably be addressed, like exception handling, and cool features of Perl
that work well with OO (like using anonymous subs to build dispatch tables
and install callbacks).
2. Cool features in Perl 6 -- I haven't looked at the devel stuff much, but
I'd like to drool over threads in Perl as much as anyone. :)
3. Nifty CPAN modules in action.
4. Exposing C API's to Perl with XS -- heavy wizardry in my book. I'd love
to see a walk-through.

I don't know how frequently we would want the meetings -- I would imagine
monthly at least, but twice monthly may be overkill. Then again, maybe not;
what does everyone else think?

phil

with 'unsubscribe memphis-pm-list' in the body of the message.