[Melbourne-pm] Net::LDAPS usage

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Sun Sep 25 18:32:35 PDT 2016

On Monday, 26 September 2016 9:42:18 AM AEST Brendon Oliver wrote:
> Anyway, the existing directory server is being retired and it's replacement
> requires secure, authenticated connections meaning a switch to using
> Net::LDAPS to enable the secure connection. Problem is, I'm a little
> concerned about the following comment in the BUGS section of the Net::LDAPS
> pod:
>
>     You cannot have more than one LDAPS connection at any one time, due to
>     restrictions in the underlying Net::SSLeay code.

I'm sure you can have multiple connections between a client and the server, as
long as every connection is on a separate process (which is highly likely to
be the case in your application).

If you are using the "threaded" version of mod_perl, I would be very worried
right now. But if you're on a forking version, you'll be ok.

(And I very much doubt you're on the threaded one.. it was never seriously
usable, although probably due to Perl threading issues rather than its own)