[Melbourne-pm] Looking for a (cheap) machine that provides 113-bitprecision long double

sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Sun Feb 21 04:30:50 PST 2016

Hi Dan, Dean, Graeme,

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not opposed to resorting to emulation, so long as it emulates reliably
and accurately.
And getting a shell account sounds a good option, too - you might as well
ssh into a box on the other side of the world as ssh into a box that's
sitting next to you.

But I'll probably start with an email to luv-tech mailing list - focusing on
finding a second hand alpha/arm64/mips64el box.
I, too, suspect that dec alpha might be the the best chance. (s390x has been
discarded :-)
There's an element of "collector" in my make-up ... the "gee, I wouldn't
mind having one of them" mentality.

If I fail to locate such a machine then I can look at the first 2 options -
this is not something that has to be settled immediately.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Cheers,
Rob