[Melbourne-pm] [Sydney-pm] YAPC::NA 2015

Dean Hamstead dean at fragfest.com.au
Mon Jun 15 00:24:33 PDT 2015

Most recruiters arent aware that Australians can use our own E-3 Visa
rather than having to fight for H1B's.

Look them up on wikipedia. The tl;dr is:

 	* 2 year duration (vs 1 year in H1B)
 	* unlimited renewals (vs 3x in H1B)
 	* spouse automatically gets E-3 visa too (vs non-working visa in H1B)
 	* 10,000 available, only 3,000 issued last year (vs massive line for
H1B)

Dean

On 2015-06-15 11:38, Drew Taylor wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Since my 457 was expiring soon, I moved back to the US to work for ZipRecruiter and am very happy with the decision. There's a lot of great people here and have a wide variety of projects and groups. We have a lot of remotes (IIRC 25 or so), but the extreme timezone differences might make working remotely in AU interesting. If you're good enough, I imagine the company would work with you on visas where necessary. If you have any questions, please ask. I'm happy to put anyone in touch with our internal recruiter as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Drew
>
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 6:12 PM, Dean Hamstead <dean at fragfest.com.au> wrote:
>
>> The theme of this years YAPC::NA was definitely "We're hiring" - which is great news for people looking for perl work.
>>
>> Grant Street Group - Are hiring and happy to do remote hires
>>
>> Zip Recruiter - Are hiring and happy to do remote hires
>>
>> Booking.com - Are hiring and will help you relocate to Amsterdam
>>
>> Bluehost - Are hiring. You would need to relocate though
>>
>> Craiglist - Are hiring. You would need to relocate though
>>
>> Liquidweb - Are hiring. You would need to relocate though
>>
>> And others listed at... http://www.yapcna.org/yn2015/wiki?node=WeAreHiring [1]
>>
>> Dean

Links:
------