[Melbourne-pm] CGI quirks and other lightweight web-tools

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Thu Jan 8 15:19:33 PST 2015

Slightly off topic… but we use Dancer for a number of projects, including our Health API. It is great, easy to use, does just what it says on the box and most of all very flexible.

However, due to external pressure, I am writing a lot of code for a new project in the US which can’t use Perl and we are using NodeJS and Express. The reason I mention that is because I quite like Javascript & Node/Express as it feels very similar to writing in Perl & Dancer. A natural fit for my brain.