[Melbourne-pm] Perl Mongers in 2015...

Robert Norris rob at eatenbyagrue.org
Wed Jan 7 15:32:24 PST 2015

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015, at 09:52 AM, Dean Hamstead wrote:
> Plack::Request and Plack::Response are 'drop in' replacements for
> their Apache:: name sakes. See
> http://search.cpan.org/~miyagawa/Plack-1.0033/lib/Plack/Request.pm
>
> Depending on what you are doing in mod_perl, they may be a better
> solution.

Not drop-in. They perform similar functions, but don't implement exactly
the same interface.

We've extended Apache::RequestRec fairly heavily so there's a bit of
porting work to be done there. I don't think it would be an enormous job
but like I say, there's not a whole lot of incentive to do it right now.

Rob N.