[Melbourne-pm] LWP not giving the expected response

Malcolm Herbert melbourne-pm at mjch.net
Sun Feb 23 18:17:49 PST 2014

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 02:52:12PM +0530, Mithun Radhakrishnan wrote:
|I am not getting the proper response from the below URL when used with
|LWP request. However curl gives proper response. Do I need to add any
|thing extra in the code. The same perl code works perfectly with other
|URLs.

While we're on LWP oddities, I've found a situation where something
within Perl[1] will attempt a TCP6 connection to a remote host if it has
an AAAA record which fails utterly as although I have local IPv6 links
on my host, it's not set up on my system to route IPv6 at all ...

Unfortunately the only way I seem to have been able to get around this
was to implement the same thing in Python, which wasn't pretty ... :)

Is there any way to tell Perl not to use IPv6?  Or should I just remove it
completely?

Regards,
Malcolm

[1] not sure whether to finger LWP directly for this or not, it was just
where I bumped into it

--
Malcolm Herbert
mjch at mjch.net