[Melbourne-pm] Stack traces

Brad Bowman list at bereft.net
Tue Feb 12 16:33:41 PST 2013

On 13/02/13 11:01, Kahlil Hodgson wrote:
> On 13/02/13 10:50, Toby Corkindale wrote:
>> Oh Perl, where did it all go so wrong?

I guess it's because Perl has been eating it's way down the stack,
all the way to Starman, you just get FMTYEWTK.

>> I've seen Java stack traces that are easier to figure out than this.
>
> Seems any stack trace involving Moose looks pretty scary, but yours is, well,
> just _special_.

Catalyst seems like the real bad guy:

$ cat st |egrep -v 'eval|require' | cut -f1 -d: |sort | uniq -c | sort -n
       1 2013/02/13-10
       1 Log
       2 Attempting to reinitialize Log
       6     Moose
       6     MyApp
       6     Starman
       7     CHI
       8     Try
       9     Plack
      15     Net
      21     Class   # Class::Load 15 & Class::MOP 6
      24     Log
      81     Catalyst