[Melbourne-pm] OpenID, XRDS

Robert Norris rob at eatenbyagrue.org
Sun Sep 2 19:08:15 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 12:18:45PM +1000, Scott Penrose wrote:
> Anyone experienced with OpenID and XRDS in the group?

I have implemented an OpenID identity provider before. It worked well
enough. It was a couple of years ago though so I'm sketchy on the
details, but I can try to remember.

> In particular I have some questions on the method Google uses to add
> user identity to the request on the fly (ie. they use a single URL
> returning a XRDS with one common URL, that common URL then adds the
> identity as part of login and approve, instead of the other way, where
> each user has a separate URL).

I remember that it happens, and seemed a bit unusual but seems to be
within spec.

That's not a lot of help. I can try to dig up some old code if you think
it would help.

Cheers,
Rob.