[Melbourne-pm] Perl Linux

Sam Watkins sam at nipl.net
Fri Aug 17 05:57:22 PDT 2012

Looks interesting, good to learn how to do that stuff in Perl.
Like all Perl code, it's 'true' open source: the source code is
necessarily there*.

I gather they don't use XS, other than modules that come with Perl?

Did they reimplement cc and make?  Those are essential tools;
We need to be able to build perllinux under perllinux.

I guess perllinux don't come with an X server or GNOME yet :p

If they re-implement Linux proper in Perl, then I will get very worried.

Insanity is of course a well know symptom of Perl.
(but I was already insane before, so there)

Sam

* I like to do 'real' open source with C, too:

  http://sam.nipl.net/code/Xtools/xdark.c
  http://sam.nipl.net/code/c/mb.c