[Melbourne-pm] Device::SerialPort

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Thu Apr 26 05:18:17 PDT 2012

Hi PMs

I have a need to do some serial programming on a Beagle Bone. Device::SerialPort is quite a complicated bit of code, lots of C and I have spent already way too long trying to get it working. Anyway, my alternative was just to use 'stty' and then read/write the device - and it works.

Which lead me to wonder, is there any pure perl version, maybe with more limited functionality. Mostly Device::SerialPort is about computability with Win32.

Anyone got a module, or code to help with serial ports in PP?