[Melbourne-pm] Meeting - Tomorrow night, Wednesday the 11th of April 2012

Malcolm Herbert melbourne-pm at mjch.net
Mon Apr 9 23:09:14 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 08:17:43AM +1000, Alfie John wrote:
|Just a friendly reminder that Melbourne Perl Mongers is tomorrow night,
|on Wednesday the 11th of April, 2012 and will start around 6:30pm:

I'm yet to turn up to a meeting (hoping to make it this week) but would
love a talk on how to make a portable app that can be deployed on
multiple POSIX-like hosts without needing admin access.

ie, no ability to install modules from the native package manager or
online access to CPAN - looking to be able to deliver a single tarball
containing everything required to run as a non-privileged user straight
away when dropped into an arbitrary directory they have write access to
(presumably an application home directory)

I did ask about this (and received a response) but wasn't able to
capitalise on it at the time ... a presentation on it would be good if
anyone has something on the topic ...

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch at mjch.net                                                left blank