[Melbourne-pm] Next meeting - Tomorrow

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Mon Mar 7 16:57:20 PST 2011

On 28/02/11 22:29, Alec Clews wrote:
> On 28/02/11 15:05, Toby Corkindale wrote:
>> The next Melbourne Perlmongers Meeting will be on the 9th of March.
>>
>> I wondered if anyone has a talk they would like to give?
>> And also - were there any talks or discussions people would like to
>> request?
>
> Here is a topic I know nothing about but wish I did:
>
> Using Emacs to hack Perl (e.g. debugging, version control, cperl,
> perldoc etc from within emacs)

So, the meeting is on for tomorrow, but we're still searching for some
talks..

It would be good to have The Great Holy War, and have two talks - one on
Vim+Perl and another on Emacs+Perl.

Can anyone step up to present?

Aside from that, I've been looking into DTrace and SystemTap
(essentially a clone of DTrace that isn't owned by Oracle), and how this
interacts with Perl and system profiling.

I'm not sure I'm familiar enough to give a full-length talk on it, but
hope to be able to give a quick demonstration tomorrow.

Cheers,
Toby