[Melbourne-pm] OSDC Treasurer

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Thu Jul 21 19:47:48 PDT 2011

On 22/07/2011, at 7:49 AM, Jacinta Richardson wrote:
> That seems a little odd.  If you're going to have the AGM now, surely all the positions would be up for nomination etc?  Certainly it's good to elicit volunteers, but that's often part of the nomination process.

Yes that is what I mean, I mean I had no one nominate for treasurer :-) Sorry I didn't make it very clear.

Done now, I have had Andrew Pam volunteer.

Obviously if someone else does it goes to vote, but mostly I am concerned about getting minimum numbers rather than worrying about getting extras.

On that note, we have to have a minimum of I think 7 people on the night. Currently there is some dispute about who is members and not, since we didn't have forms, and some people say we should...etc. But I will be happy and imagine we would get no disputes if we had it during either Melbourne PM or PHP user group nights.

Therefore would it be ok if we took 10 minutes at the start of September Perl Mongers?

Basically the process is:

	- Present financials
	- Approve any previous minutes
	- If a position is short nominations open that to the floor (I think we will have all these covered)
	- If more than one person nominated for a position then vote.
	- Motion to change AGM & Financial year to align with conference.

So it should not take long.

Thanks

Scott
P.S. Jacinta, we do remote meeting, mostly email, we would love to have you involved again some time, either this year or in the future. The Executive is pretty low stress compared to conference.