[Melbourne-pm] issues with Catalyst::Controller::REST example

Malcolm Herbert melbourne-pm at mjch.net
Mon Jan 17 01:45:15 PST 2011

I'm trying to bootstrap myself up to speed with using
Catalyst::Controller::REST but having issues - the perldoc synopsis
shows a basic set of methods to allow HTTP GET and PUT of 'thing'.  In
the case of the PUT method, this appears to be incomplete:

    # Answer PUT requests to "thing"
    sub thing_PUT {
        $radiohead = $req->data->{radiohead};

        $self->status_created(
            $c,
            location => $c->req->uri->as_string,
            entity => {
                radiohead => $radiohead,
            }
        );
    }

Going by the beginning of thing_GET, I'm assuming I need

    my ( $self, $c ) = @_;

and an appropriate 'my' declaration for $radiohead, but I'm not sure
what $req might be (unless this is intended to be passed as a parameter)

... can anyone give me some pointers (or a better example) to get me
started?  Thanks

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch at mjch.net                                                left blank