[Melbourne-pm] Please restore http://perl.net.au/

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Fri Aug 12 18:25:16 PDT 2011

On 13/08/11 02:56, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> can the powers that be, please restore the http://perl.net.au/ wiki? It
> contained the Freenode's #perl channel FAQ and many other things.
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Shlomi Fish

You know quite well that "the powers that be" are Paul Fenwick and myself, and
not Melbourne Perl Mongers.  Unfortunately for more than just perl.net.au our
server is offline after a catastrophic failure and many of the less essential
services will be continue to be so until we're able to migrate everything and
recover.  This affects Melbourne and Sydney Perl Mongers, Perl Training
Australia's mailing lists, lots of our internal stuff and various other things
as well.  In short: we know, it sucks, we're working on it.

With Paul being overseas until the end of September, and myself not being a
systems administrator, this is going to take a while and be harder than we'd like.