[Melbourne-pm] Module::Signatures and typos in packages

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Thu Aug 11 02:06:28 PDT 2011

Hi,
Jacinta mentioned Method::Signatures a little last night in her
presentation.

I hit an interesting problem with the module today.

If your file has some errors in it, then instead of getting an error
like "Global symbol "$args" requires explicit package name at [..]", you
get an error like this:
Can't call method "first_token" on an undefined value at
[..]/Method/Signatures/Parser.pm line 17.

I was using a script and package that boiled down to the following..
However now I can't replicate the problem in the cut-down example :/

I thought I'd mention it just in case anyone else hits a similar issue
though.

--------- test.pl ---------
#!/usr/bin/env perl
use Thing;