[Melbourne-pm] http://perl.net.au/ is Being Heavily Spammed

Stephen Steneker stephen at sydney.pm.org
Thu Nov 18 05:05:49 PST 2010

> http://perl.net.au/ is being heavily spammed at present. Someone needs to
> clean the spammed pages and add the spamming domains to the blacklist. I
> volunteer to do it, but I don't know exactly how.
>
> Can anyone provide any insight?

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks for reporting :)

You could ping Paul or Jacinta on #Perlnet (irc) as they are the main custodians.

I also have perms to rollback .. doing so now.

The Perlnet wiki has gone unloved for a while.  Was originally left relatively open and captcha-free to encourage contributions.  Perhaps could be locked down a bit more to avoid given the spambots free googlejuice.

Cheers,
Stephen