[Melbourne-pm] notes from meetings

Myf White myfwhite at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 02:31:24 PDT 2010

Hi perlmongers,

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Sam Watkins <sam at nipl.net> wrote:

> What do you think?  Could we set this up on the perl mongers' site?  or I
> can
> do it on my own website.  Would it discourage or encourage attendance?

That sounds like a great idea. I doubt it would discourage attendance.

Another thing which would be great would be video-ing the talks. I came
across this the other day: http://www.presentingperl.org/. In fact it seems
from http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/blog/mark-keating/presentingperl/ that it
only just launched recently.There's some pretty cool stuff on there and I
urge you to check it out. It would be awesome if melbourne pm talks went on
there too. I am always so impressed with the quality of the melbourne pm
talks and I think I get a lot out of them.

I don't have a camcorder and am clueless about video formats etc, but I'd be
keen to find out about it and get in touch with the presentingperl people
if:

   - others are interested in pursuing the idea
   - and someone is able to help out with the hardware.

Myf White
mailto:myfwhite at gmail.com

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new
discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" -- Isaac Asimov