[Melbourne-pm] Connecting to a MSSQL 2005 server

David Dick ddick at iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 16 15:42:44 PDT 2010

On 16/06/10 13:23, Sam Watkins wrote:
>> freetds-0.64-4.1
>> DBD::Sybase           1.10
>> sybase version, I'm not sure, but I think it doesn't matter as it crashes before it gets to the server (even if the table doesn't exist).
>
> I found out it's 11.5 on Solaris 2.6

thanks for this.  the closest i could get to your spec was sybase 15.5,
freetds-0.64 and DBD::Sybase 1.10.  With these values, your program ran
perfectly on centos 5.3 and lenny.  however, on fedora, it failed to
even connect due to "*** stack smashing detected ***: /usr/bin/perl
terminated" which sounds as if freetds-0.64 did have some issues.
freetds-0.82 copes just fine, if that's any good to you.