[Melbourne-pm] No, really..

Patrick Donelan pat at patspam.com
Thu Feb 4 04:59:27 PST 2010

Not sure if this shines any more light on it..

(15:41:02) patspam: Alias__: is there any cpan or cpanplus option that will
make Module::AutoInstall's feature() install prereqs without asking?
(15:41:18) Alias__: Nope
(15:41:26) patspam: by design?
(15:41:30) Alias__: Yup
(15:41:32) Alias__: Well
(15:41:47) Alias__: It's by design that the Makefile.PL runs based on the
logic of the version of M:I that the author originally packaged it with
(15:42:18) Alias__: So really, if you have some annoying Makefile.PL that
don't follow the CPAN client's defaulting and ask/follow policy, you need to
get a new incremental release of those modules
(15:42:58) patspam: say for something like Task::Kensho
(15:43:15) patspam: can I stop it from asking me: Auto-install the 1
optional module(s) from CPAN? [y]
(15:44:02) patspam: prerequisites_policy doesn't seem to do the trick
(15:44:44) patspam: (asking because people on Melb.PM mailing list are
musing about it)
(15:46:22) Hyppolit: svn: r10496 | adamk++ |
http://padre.perlide.org/trac/changeset/10496

(I think at this point Adam got distracted committing some cool new Padre
feature and hence I didn't get a follow-up response)