[Melbourne-pm] LCA2010 diversity programme: applications close THIS FRIDAY

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Sun Sep 27 20:22:01 PDT 2009

WELLINGTON, New Zealand – Friday 11 September 2009 – linux.conf.au 2010
Organisers are proud to announce three funding programmes!

The three funding programmes - InternetNZ Oceania Programme, InternetNZ
Kiwi Fellowship and Google Diversity Programme - have been created to
assist those delegates contributing to the Open Source community who,
without financial assistance, would not be able to attend LCA2010.

InternetNZ Oceania Programme - Many highly-skilled Open Source
contributors are living throughout the greater Australasia and Pacific
regions who, without financial assistance, would not be able to attend
linux.conf.au. LCA2010 and InternetNZ are proud to offer this out-reach
programme in support of those communities.
  http://www.lca2010.org.nz/register/funding#InternetNZOceaniaProgramme

InternetNZ Kiwi Fellowship - LCA2010 will be the first time the
conference has been held in New Zealand's capital city, Wellington.
LCA2010 and InternetNZ are proud to support New Zealanders contributing
to the Open Source community by offering this funding programme.
  http://www.lca2010.org.nz/register/funding#InternetNZKiwiFellowship

Google Diversity Programme - LCA2010 and Google are proud to support
diverse groups, such as people with disabilities, and women. The Google
Diversity Programme is designed to ensure LCA2010 continues to be an
open and welcoming conference for everyone.
  http://www.lca2010.org.nz/register/funding#GoogleDiversityProgramme

"We are thrilled to be able to offer three great grant programmes", said
Brenda Wallace, LCA2010 Funding Manager. "We've been overwhelmed with
positive support from our Emperor Penguin Sponsors, InternetNZ and
Google, in providing opportunities for more people to be able to attend
the conference. I'm personally looking forward to notifying the
winners!".

For more information, please see:
http://www.lca2010.org.nz/register/funding

About linux.conf.au
linux.conf.au is one of the world's best conferences for free and open
source software! The coming linux.conf.au, LCA2010, will be held at the
Wellington Convention Centre in Wellington, New Zealand from Monday 18th
January to Saturday 23rd January 2010. LCA2010 is fun, informal and
seriously technical, bringing together Free and Open Source developers,
users and community champions from around the world. LCA2010 is the
second time linux.conf.au has been held in New Zealand, with the first
being Dunedin in 2006.

For more information see: http://www.lca2010.org.nz/

About Linux Australia
Linux Australia is the peak body for Linux User Groups (LUGs) around
Australia, and as such represents approximately 5000 Australian Linux
users and developers. Linux Australia facilitates the organisation of
this international Free Software conference in a different Australasian
city each year.

For more information see: http://www.linux.org.au/

Emperor Penguin Sponsors
LCA2010 is proud to acknowledge the support of our Emperor Penguin
Sponsors, InternetNZ and Google.

For more information about InternetNZ, see:
  http://www.internetnz.org.nz/

For more information about Google, see:
  http://www.google.com/