[Melbourne-pm] Padre IDE

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Thu Oct 1 23:45:06 PDT 2009

Scott Penrose <scottp at dd.com.au> writes:
> On 02/10/2009, at 3:21 PM, ajthornton wrote:
>
>> So, one thing that I have to ask. Great help so far! According to Arthur
>> Griffiths it is unwise in Java to have both IDE and command line on the
>> same machine - he says that it makes the programming "unstable" and "you
>> can't really trust it".
>
> I have to say that I don't believe that in Perl or Java.

O_o  I have to agree with Scott: I can't imagine why Arthur Griffiths argues
this, because is it so ... crazy, basically.

The closest I can come to any sort of explanation would be if you used an IDE
written in Java that shipped another version of the JVM, or something like
that.

Having multiple, accidental installed versions of the same language
environment /could/ lead to problems, maybe.

So, um, no.

        Daniel

   Looking for work?  Love Perl?  In Melbourne, Australia?  We are hiring.