[Melbourne-pm] Next meeting: 9th December with Damian Conway

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Mon Nov 23 04:52:13 PST 2009

G'day all,

As those who were at the last meeting will know, Damian has volunteered to give
a talk at the December meeting.  As Damian is such a popular speaker, we are
seeking alternatives to our usual venue, something able to seat 30-40 people
would be a great start!  Paul has promised to approach Melbourne University's
computer science department, but if you have your own contacts, or are able to
volunteer to arrange a venue, that would make our lives much easier as we are
currently swamped.

The meeting will be at the usual time:	6:30pm, 9th December

and if we don't find a new venue then it'll be standing room only at:

     Remasys Pty Ltd
     Level 1
     172 Flinders St
     (just opposite Federation Square)
     Map: http://preview.tinyurl.com/6sa7l8

The Missing Link by Damian Conway

What do duality, annoyances in yellow, chaos theory, tables and metatables,
patterns and data, cinematic reboots, watching trees grow, code that writes code
that writes code that writes code, debugging debuggers, eating your own dog,
"objects-in, objects-out", successful failures, anti-stacks, and active null
statements have in common? Watch as Damian weaves them together into a new and
improbably useful module that demonstrates the awesome power and beauty of Perl
5.10.

Depending on the venue, there may be pizza or other refreshments after the talk.