[Melbourne-pm] Snow Leopard and moving modules from 5.8 to 5.10

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Tue Nov 10 19:08:02 PST 2009

Tony Smith wrote:
> Bugger 5.12.
>
> If anybody has a good method for getting the 5.10 equivalents of all my
> 5.8 CPAN modules so I don't have to keep thinking about which version I
> need to be running, please talk to me tonight.
>
> Yeah I know it won't all happen automatically, but it would be nice if
> enough of it did that I can get my head around a once off clean up of
> whatever issues arise.

Method one:

cpanp
# wait for a while..
i 1..(maximum number)
# It'd probably be worth setting "automatically follow prerequisites" to
Always before starting though..

Method two:
Check out 'perllocal.pod' on your system (probably exists in more than
one place if your system is like mine).
That contains a list of all the modules you've installed..
So you can parse that and then hit up cpanp with the list.
.. I'm pretty sure there's a CPAN tool to do it for you, but I'm afraid
it escapes me right now.