[Melbourne-pm] The Great 5.12 bug triage (WEDNESDAY, 6pm)

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Mon Nov 9 23:05:47 PST 2009

G'day Melb.pm,

Tomorrow is a our Perl 5.12 bug triage.

    6:30pm, Wednesday 11th November (TOMORROW)
    Remasys Pty Ltd
    Level 1
    172 Flinders St
    (just opposite Federation Square)
    Map: http://preview.tinyurl.com/6sa7l8

This is a reminder that I'm co-opting you all to help triage bugs in
preparation for the release of Perl 5.12.  To save time on the night,
there's a few things I want to cover with you now.

Preparation:

* Laptops.  Bring 'em.  It will be hard to triage bugs without them.

* Bitcard accounts.  If you're already a CPAN author, you have one of
  these.   If not, go to https://www.bitcard.org/ and get one.

* Perl.  Preferably the latest stable release you can get.  We can
  close a number of bugs on old releases of Perl if they're no longer
  issues on new releases.

Our first target will be bugs on the Overview list:

	http://rt.perl.org/rt3/NoAuth/perl5/Overview.html

These are (roughly) all the tickets that have hit the bug queue but have not
yet been looked at by a human.

Our criteria for 5.12 show-stoppers are ANY of the following:

   * Anything with no work-around.
   * Anything that crashes Perl.
   * Anything that gives a wrong answer.
   * Anything security relevant.
   * Anything that's "easy" to fix.

However we'll also be trying to sort out any other bugs that we can.  There
are some meta-tickets that we'll be using for that task, and I'll go through
their use on the night.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

	Paul

--
Paul Fenwick <pjf at perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/