[Melbourne-pm] The Great 5.12 bug triage (WEDNESDAY, 6pm)
pjf at perltraining.com.au
Mon Nov 9 23:05:47 PST 2009
Tomorrow is a our Perl 5.12 bug triage.
6:30pm, Wednesday 11th November (TOMORROW)
Remasys Pty Ltd
172 Flinders St
(just opposite Federation Square)
This is a reminder that I'm co-opting you all to help triage bugs in
preparation for the release of Perl 5.12. To save time on the night,
there's a few things I want to cover with you now.
* Laptops. Bring 'em. It will be hard to triage bugs without them.
* Bitcard accounts. If you're already a CPAN author, you have one of
these. If not, go to https://www.bitcard.org/ and get one.
* Perl. Preferably the latest stable release you can get. We can
close a number of bugs on old releases of Perl if they're no longer
issues on new releases.
Our first target will be bugs on the Overview list:
These are (roughly) all the tickets that have hit the bug queue but have not
yet been looked at by a human.
Our criteria for 5.12 show-stoppers are ANY of the following:
* Anything with no work-around.
* Anything that crashes Perl.
* Anything that gives a wrong answer.
* Anything security relevant.
* Anything that's "easy" to fix.
However we'll also be trying to sort out any other bugs that we can. There
are some meta-tickets that we'll be using for that task, and I'll go through
their use on the night.
Looking forward to seeing you all there!
Paul Fenwick <pjf at perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/
Director of Training | Ph: +61 3 9354 6001
Perl Training Australia | Fax: +61 3 9354 2681
More information about the Melbourne-pm